Have you ever wanted a single location to organize all the wonderful recipes you find online, including those you find here at Cooks Recipe Collection? I’d like to introduce you to Yummly, an easy to use virtual recipe box, which is there to fit just this need. You can Yum a recipe by just clicking on a button on your browser or by using their app (for either iOS or Android). You can even add your personal recipes to your Yummly account, so everything is organized and stored in one single location.
- Set up your personal account by going to Yummly, click on the “Create an account” button (located on the upper right hand side of the page) and following the prompts.
- Install the Yummly Bookmarklet button on your browser.
- Personalize your account. You can add your photo, customize your profile and select your taste preferences through your profile.
- Yum online recipes, by clicking on the Yummly Bookmarklet and organize them into categories (Yummly calls them Collections). There are a few default categories (such as meal type or course), but you can also add additional categories to fit your needs and organize your recipes as you prefer.
- Add your own favorite recipes, if you wish, to complete your recipe box.
Yummly for Food Bloggers
Yummly is also very exciting for food bloggers. Once you or one of your readers Yums one of your recipes, Yummly will create your Publisher Page. Our Publisher Page is Cooks Recipe Collection.
- Set up your personal account (as outlined above).
- Add a Yum button to your website. This can be either done manually or through a WordPress plugin (we use the Shareaholic WordPress Plugin).
- Yum one or more of your recipes.
- Yummly will automatically add your Publishers Page on Yummly. While this is done automatically, it is not instantaneous. It took a few days for mine to be added.
- You can personalize your publisher’s page by contacting Yummly through this link. This will allow you to add your logo, a blurb about your site and your social media account links. This may take up to 48 hours for Yummly to update your Publishers Page (mine only took a few hours).
Leave a Reply