Whole Wheat Cheddar Cheese Beer Bread makes a quick and delicious accompaniment to your favorite entree. Enjoy that smell of freshly baked bread without the time and effort required for yeast bread.
My family loves that this whole wheat cheddar cheese beer bread is so quick, easy to make and delicious too! It’s so quick and easy to mix up the ingredients, add the beer (for the rising effects) and bake; no kneading or rising time required.
This beer bread can be made with your favorite beer, but I prefer a lager for its lightness in this recipe. Enjoy this rich bread with you dinner entree, or as a great appetizer with your favorite dip or cheese.
Recommended for this recipe:
Try these other Bread Recipes:
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread Recipe
- Homemade 100% Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
- Bread Pudding with Amaretto Sauce Recipe
Whole Wheat Cheddar Cheese Beer Bread
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 12 ounce bottle beer
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and stir with wooden spoon.
- Add beer and stir to just combine, batter will be a bit lumpy.
- Fold in the cheddar cheese, being careful to not over mix.
- Spread into loaf pan.
- Melt butter and pour 1/2 over top of loaf.
- Bake for 50 minutes, pour remaining butter over loaf of bread.
- Bake another 10 minutes or until golden brown.