One of my favorite pub snacks are sweet potato fries. This savory snack or side dish is the perfect accompaniment to a cool beer and a hearty sandwich.
Why not reduce the guilt and enjoy this healthier, baked version at home? They are easy to make and so satisfying!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium sized sweet potatoes)
- 1 egg white
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Peel potatoes, then cut into 1/2 inch thick strips. Place the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Pour lightly beaten egg white over potato strips and toss to coat well on all sides.
- Sprinkle spice mixture over potatoes and toss again to coat evenly.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Lay potato strips on baking sheet in a single layer, without touching each other.
- Spray tops of potatoes with cooking spray and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.