Make these mashed potatoes with cream cheese a staple of your holiday get together or a side dish for a family dinner. This recipe makes your mashed potatoes extra creamy and rich with the addition of cream cheese. They are easy to make and will stand out as a favorite on your dinner table.
Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese
Mashed potatoes are a staple for a holiday get together or a side for a family dinner. This recipe makes the mashed potatoes extra creamy and rich by adding cream cheese. They are easy to make and will stand out as a favorite on your dinner table.
- 3 1/2 pounds potatoes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup milk
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Add potatoes and and 1 tablespoon salt in a medium pot, cover with cold water by 2 inches, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover partially, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 35 minutes. Drain.
- Combine potatoes, cream cheese, butter, and milk in a mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, and beat to desired consistency.