This is not only my favorite banana bread recipe, but quick and easy to prepare. I always pull this out when I have a few very ripe bananas around the house. And, you can feel even better about fixing this bread for your family knowing that it’s a bit healthier with the added whole wheat flour.
After the loaf has cooled on a wire rack, I slice the whole loaf and place it in a zip-lock bag for storage. This makes it convenient for the family to grab a slice and the bread stays moist.
I hope you enjoy making this banana bread as much as I have.
Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- 3 large bananas very ripe
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the ripe bananas with a fork and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the egg, oil, milk, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder to the bananas. Mix well.
- Add the flour to the banana mixture and mix until moistened.
- Pour into a 4" x 8" prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely before storing.