This Classic Bruschetta recipe with tomato and basil is so quick and easy to make; it’s perfect for a snack or weekday appetizer. I love making this Classic Bruschetta, especially in the summer when tomatoes are in season and have so much more flavor. When I found these multi-colored grape tomatoes I knew I had to give them a try for added variety and such an appealing presentation. I’m so glad that multi-colored vegetables are becoming more readily available and love to give them a try whenever I see them.
Classic Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 slices of french bread
- Parmesan cheese grated (for garnish)
- Slice 6 slices of french bread on the diagonal. Place on cookie sheet and broil for about 1 minute, or until lightly browned.
- Combine chopped tomatoes, shredded fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and minced garlic in small mixing bowl.
- Spoon over toasted french bread slices and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.