This sautéed garlic spinach is such a quick and healthy side for a weekday dinner; and tasty enough to be served with an elegant entrée.
I’m always looking for new and tasty ways to increase the healthy foods to my family’s diet. Adding a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables, is always my goal. Spinach has so many health benefits, that I try to include it in our diet as much as possible.
This sautéed spinach with garlic is such a quick and healthy side for a weekday dinner, and tasty enough to be served with an elegant entrée. I hope you enjoy this quick and easy side dish too!
Recommended for this recipe:
Try these other side dish recipes:
Sautéed Garlic Spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 bunch fresh spinach (bagged fresh spinach can be substituted)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash spinach thoroughly and remove stems. Set spinach leaves aside on paper towels to dry.
- Slice garlic cloves thin. It is important that the slices are relatively evenly sliced, to ensure even cooking.
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan, over medium heat. Add garlic slices and cook until lightly browned. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until leaves are wilted, stir frequently. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Elaine @ Dishes Delish says
This is one of my favorite ways to each spinach! So easy and yummy!
Chef Mireille says
one of my favorite simple classic recipes – is also great with broccoli or bok choy
Michelle @ Vitamin Sunshine says
This is perfectly simple. I love spinach, any way it’s prepared. It’s a daily staple for my family. Don’t tell the social media world- but I much prefer it to kale! (and it’s actually healthier!)
Looks so fresh and delicious! A simple spinach saute is one of my favorite side dishes.
Gloria @ Homemade & Yummy says
We have always paired spinach and garlic. This is how my mom did it when I was a kid. So easy and delicious.
This spinach looks incredible! So easy too! I love the addition of the garlic.
This is a wonderful & quick side dish recipe. Can’t wait to make it.