This is by far my favorite herb dipping oil. My husband and I are regulars at a family owned Italian restaurant that serves the best garlic and herb dipping oil for their homemade bread. I’ve asked for the recipe to no avail, so it was time to come home and experiment a bit. I just had to include this recipe, as a main stay aside Italian dishes, at home.
As with all recipes, make sure you use the highest quality and freshest ingredients you can find. The cost of fresh herbs can be greatly minimized by growing your own. When you need to add a new herb to your collection, consider buying a small potted plant, rather than the cut fresh herbs. And best of all, when you only have to go outside your back door or your kitchen window sill, the chance is high that you will reach for those fresh herbs more often.
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Chop garlic and herbs, add salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to herb mixture and combine. This will give you an herb paste consistency. Cover and let flavors mingle for at least 2 hours.
- Place herb mixture in shallow dish and pour more olive oil over the mixture.
- Serve with warm bread.
Your blog is impressive, thanks to the quality of your recipes & other content. We would be glad if you would participate on Contestchef so that your quality recipes can contest with other such bloggers/ recipe creators and win accolades from various players in the global food industry.
Contestchef is a global forum for food/ recipe bloggers to showcase their skills to the world. This is a one of a kind concept and backed by food conglomerates around the world. Several recipe creators/bloggers are already contesting on Contestchef.
Click to join Contestchef
Yum Girl says
Thank you very much for trusting us with your post submission – we are approving it and hope that you will continue to submit. We are following you on all available social media and hope you will do the same. We will be promoting your recipe on up to 10 social media platforms over the next few days………..we are new and small but not for long! Kelli at YG
Wauw awesome recipe! Simple and lovely flavors 😀
Keep it up Patti!