This is by far my favorite herb dipping oil. My husband and I are regulars at a family owned Italian restaurant that serves the best garlic and herb dipping oil for their homemade bread. I’ve asked for the recipe to no avail, so it was time to come home and experiment a bit. I just had to include this recipe, as a main stay aside Italian dishes, at home.
As with all recipes, make sure you use the highest quality and freshest ingredients you can find. The cost of fresh herbs can be greatly minimized by growing your own. When you need to add a new herb to your collection, consider buying a small potted plant, rather than the cut fresh herbs. And best of all, when you only have to go outside your back door or your kitchen window sill, the chance is high that you will reach for those fresh herbs more often.
Fresh Garlic and Herb Dipping Oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Chop garlic and herbs, add salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to herb mixture and combine. This will give you an herb paste consistency. Cover and let flavors mingle for at least 2 hours.
- Place herb mixture in shallow dish and pour more olive oil over the mixture.
- Serve with warm bread.