When you need some homemade comfort food, this easy Alfredo Sauce recipe will hit the spot. This sauce can easily made at home, so it has no preservatives. Just serve this Alfredo Sauce over your favorite pasta for a great tasting (and comforting) entree or side dish. You can make it without meat for a vegetarian meal, or add seafood to this versatile pasta sauce for another option.
Easy 5 Ingredient Alfredo Sauce
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup 1/2 & 1/2
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Melt butter in the bottom of a sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine well.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce is thoroughly warmed.
- (Optional) Sauce can be thickened at this point if desired. To thicken the sauce, make a mixture of 2 tablespoons of corn starch with 1/4 cup of milk or water, and add it to the sauce. Stir occasionally over medium heat until thickened.
- (Optional) Seafood of your choice can be added, if desired. Add seafood (like crab meat, cooked shrimp, or canned clams) to the sauce and continue to cook until thoroughly warmed.
- Serve over linguine or your favorite pasta. Can be garnished with additional Parmesan cheese, parsley, and/or basil.