Coffee cake cupcakes offer the hominess of a classic coffee cake, made into cupcakes and topped with a drizzle of glaze.
Coffee cake has been one of my favorites since I was a teenager. The cinnamon-flavored cake, topped with a crumble crust, just screams homey goodness!
I’ve taken the classic coffee cake, created them as cupcakes and added an elegant drizzle of glaze to the top. From the amazing cinnamon smell, while they are in the oven, to the moist and delicate texture of the cupcakes, I hope you enjoy these as much as I have!
Recommended for this recipe:
Try these other dessert recipes:
- Bread Pudding with Amaretto Sauce
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- Maple Walnut Scones with Maple Glaze
- Classic Shortbread
Coffee Cake Cupcakes
Coffee cake cupcakes offer the hominess of a classic coffee cake, made into cupcakes and topped with a drizzle of glaze.Print Pin Rate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
For Crumb Topping:
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 12 standard muffin tins with paper liners or use nonstick spray. Set aside.
- To make crumb topping: Melt Butter. Add flour, sugars and cinnamon in melted butter. Mix to a crumbly consistency. Set aside.
- To make cupcakes: Mix together sugar and oil until well mixed.
- Add milk and egg mix until well combined.
- Mix in remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour cupcake mixture evenly into muffin tins. Sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- Bake until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean (about 15 minutes).
- While cupcakes are baking make glaze.
- Mix powered sugar and milk until well combined.
- When cupcakes are cooled drizzle glaze over cupcakes with spoon.
These look like perfection on a plate!
Gloria @ Homemade & Yummy says
Coffee cake is delicious, so these would be a winner for sure. I love the simplicity and the flavour combination. Who says cupcakes need icing!!
Ahhh I love coffee cake. Your idea to put them in muffin tins = pure genius! It’s much easier to portion out this way since it’s less messy.
Platter Talk says
Delicious looking coffeecake you have there. Easy portion, too! Thanks.
Michelle @ Vitamin Sunshine says
Yum! What an amazing idea. I love coffee cake, and these are adorable.
Çitra Kale @Çitra's Home Diary says
I am coffee lover too! 🙂 and these cuties looks adorable!
Michelle Ferrand says
I love coffee cake and having it in individual servings makes them so great to eat!
Olive oil in a cake?
Hi Christy, I use olive oil is most of my cooking and baking, due to the health benefits. I hope you enjoy these Coffee Cake Cupcakes.
Can we substitute Olive oil for Vegetable oil?
Absolutely! I usually use a light flavored olive oil when I bake.
C Sevilla says
Listen…I never really come back to comment on recipes I try out, but this one…AMAZING.
These cupcakes are so moist and the crumble adds the perfect sweetness. I didn’t have cinnamon so I used pumpkin pie spice and they are *chefs kiss*
So moist and delicious! I put them into baking cups and they peel out perfectly. Definitely adding this to my recipe archive.