Classic French Crepes made with only 3 ingredients, quick and easy. This versatile recipe can be made sweet or savory.
My mom taught me this Classic French Crepe recipe. She was given this recipe from a French friend when she was in her 20’s, so I believe it’s quite authentic too. While growing up she frequently served these as dessert with an orange sauce topping the crepes. It was an alcohol free (and in my opinion better tasting) version of Crepe Suzette than I’ve had in any restaurant.
I’ve also enjoyed turning these Classic French Crepes into a savory entree, as well as a dessert. By filling these crepes with cheese, meat and vegetables; you will have a savory dinner entree that will satisfy any taste preference. Try my Four Cheese Crepes or Spinach and Ricotta Crepes for some savory dinner crepe options.
Recommended for this recipe:
Try these other Crepe Recipes:
Classic French Crepes
- 1 1/2 cups eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Heat 10″ skillet to medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray (I prefer organic olive oil spray).
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until well combined.
- Pour batter into heated skillet (a little less than 1/2 cup), swirl to coat bottom of pan evenly.
- Cook until bottom starts to turn light brown. At this point, the top will look dry, but not cooked.
- Flip crepe and cook on the other side until lightly browned also.
- Cook remaining batter in the same manner.
- Fill with your choice of filling and top with your favorite topping.