Enjoy this Cedar Planked Salmon Salad with Citrus Ginger Vinaigrette, for an easy and healthy weekday dinner. The perfect dinner salad to enjoy the fresh flavors of summer.
I was fortunate to be asked to be part of the Inaugural Cedar Bay Grilling Blogger Recipe Challenge. Cedar Bay has provided me with two of their 24-ounce Planked Atlantic Salmon Fillets to create my recipes with. Each of the recipes created for this challenge will be judged on visual appeal, creativity and taste; and are eligible for a cash prize. Please wish me luck guys!
Are you looking for a way to hold onto the last bit of summer we have left? What better way than to enjoy a flavorful, fresh dinner salad featuring goat cheese, dried cranberries, candied pecans, strawberries, and bacon. With a little meal prep, you can have a healthy dinner on the table in about 20 minutes (salad dressing can be made and bacon cooked and crumbled ahead of time).
Cedar Bay Applewood with Orange & Ginger Cedar Planked Atlantic Salmon
Cedar Bay offers a full fillet of Atlantic Salmon on pre-soaked cedar planks. This provides a very convenient way to serve a high-quality salmon dinner to your family and friends already prepped for you. The plank is pre-soaked and the salmon seasoned perfectly; you just have to choose the spice rub that interests you (either Sugar & Spice or Orange Ginger).
You can easily thaw in the refrigerator overnight and cook on the grill or in the oven, and serve in less than 20 minutes.
Citrus Ginger White Balsamic Vinaigrette
There is nothing better than homemade salad dressings made with only fresh and high-quality ingredients you want to serve your family. This vinaigrette includes orange juice, lemon juice, freshly grated ginger, and garlic, to marry with the orange and ginger flavors in the salmon; and finished with a light white balsamic vinegar and high quality extra virgin olive oil.
Assembling Cedar Planked Salmon Salad
To accompany the fresh orange and ginger flavors of the salmon, I’ve added fresh summer flavors. This dinner salad starts with a bed of spring mix greens and adds sweet, salty and sour flavors from dried cranberries, goat cheese, bacon, strawberries, and candied pecans. It is then drizzled with the Citrus Ginger White Balsamic Vinaigrette on top of your salad and topped with a piece of Cedar Bay Cedar Planked Atlantic Salmon.
Cedar Bay Grilling Company products can be found throughout the US and Canada, at Kroger, Publix, Hannaford, Safeway, Albertsons, Fred Meyer, Ralph’s, Giant, Giant Eagle, Stop n Shop and Roche Bros. Visit Cedar Bay Grilling Company for a purchase location near you and follow them on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for great tips and recipes.
Cedar Planked Salmon Salad with Citrus Ginger Vinaigrette
- 1 Cedar Bay Applewood with Orange & Ginger Cedar Planked Atlantic Salmon Filet (24 ounces)
- 5 ounces Spring Mix Greens
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 6 large strawberries sliced
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 t. garlic finely ground (about 2 cloves)
- 1 t. fresh ginger finely ground
- 1 t. sugar
- 1 t. pepper
- Dash of salt
- 2. T. lemon juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinaigrette
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Grate garlic and ginger with a fine grater or zester, place in a small mason jar or similar container that closes securely.
- Add sugar, pepper, salt, lemon juice, orange juice, white balsamic vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil to the mason jar and shake to mix well.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place Cedar Planked salmon directly on the middle rack and place a foil-lined baking sheet on the rack below to catch dripping juices.
- Cook 18-20 minutes, until the flesh becomes flakey. It is perfectly cooked when it is still slightly pink in the center of the fillet.
- Cut into 4 pieces.
- While salmon is cooking, place spring mix greens in 4 bowls or plates.
- Top greens with goat cheese, dried cranberries, candied pecans, strawberries, and bacon.
- When salmon is done, drizzle with Citrus Ginger White Balsamic Vinaigrette and top with salmon.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Discard the plank after 1 use.
- Keep the salmon frozen until 24 hours before cooking.
- Once Salmon has defrosted, do not re-freeze!
Woooow…..I think I will look for these and try your recipe this weekend. Thank you for sharing!
Dang Thai from Embeya!