This sautéed garlic spinach is such a quick and healthy side for a weekday dinner; and tasty enough to be served with an elegant entrée.
I’m always looking for new and tasty ways to increase the healthy foods to my family’s diet. Adding a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables, is always my goal. Spinach has so many health benefits, that I try to include it in our diet as much as possible.
This sautéed spinach with garlic is such a quick and healthy side for a weekday dinner, and tasty enough to be served with an elegant entrée. I hope you enjoy this quick and easy side dish too!
Recommended for this recipe:
Try these other side dish recipes:
Sautéed Garlic Spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 bunch fresh spinach (bagged fresh spinach can be substituted)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash spinach thoroughly and remove stems. Set spinach leaves aside on paper towels to dry.
- Slice garlic cloves thin. It is important that the slices are relatively evenly sliced, to ensure even cooking.
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan, over medium heat. Add garlic slices and cook until lightly browned. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until leaves are wilted, stir frequently. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.