Easy Cheesy Eggplant Casserole combines the hominess of your favorite comfort food, while still adding veggies to your family’s diet. This casserole is so easy to make and your family and friends will love the cheesy goodness.
It is the perfect side dish for a family dinner, or take it to a pot luck or covered dish dinner to share with your friends. This is a family favorite around our house and we rarely have leftovers. I hope you enjoy this comforting casserole as much as we do.
Cheesy Eggplant Casserole
- 3 medium eggplants peeled and cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Boil cubed eggplant for about 25 minutes. The eggplant will be tender, but not mushy.
- While eggplant is boiling combine milk, butter and cheddar cheese in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until cheese is almost completely melted.
- Drain eggplant and spread evenly in a 2 quart casserole dish. Pour cheddar cheese sauce over eggplant.
- Cover with shredded mozzarella cheese, and then sprinkle with panko bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes until mozzarella cheese is melted and top is golden brown.