These Spinach and Ricotta Crepes are rich, savory and an elegant dinner entree for any special occasion.
These Spinach and Ricotta Crepes are another great savory crepe recipe option. I love the ease of this recipe. It does take some time to cook the crepes and spinach and then assemble them.
To allow for more time with family and friends, they can be made ahead of time and baked right before you are ready to serve them. This allows you to put together an elegant dinner in just 10-15 minutes.
Recommended for this recipe:
Try these other Crepe Recipes:
Spinach and Ricotta Crepes
- 8 8 inch crepes like our Classic French Crepes
- 2 pounds fresh spinach
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg freshly grated
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spinach over medium heat until slightly limp. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your pan.
- Drain the spinach and press out any excess liquid, then chop finely and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheeses, egg, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Stir spinach into cheese mixture to combine.
- Spoon 1/8 of spinach and cheese mixture (about 1/2 cup) into each crepe and roll up.
- Place in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Brush the tops of the crepes with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until starting to brown and heated through.