This version of bread pudding with amaretto sauce has become our household favorite. By adding the bananas and soaking the bread in the milk/egg mixture, the final result becomes a moist and delicious pudding. Additionally, by soaking the raisins they become a plump and juicy addition. I hope this becomes a favorite in your home like it is in ours.
Bread pudding is by far my husband’s favorite desserts. Each time I make this I definitely earn “brownie points” with him!
This version of bread pudding with amaretto sauce has become our household favorite.
By adding the bananas and soaking the bread in the milk/egg mixture, the final result becomes a moist and delicious pudding. Additionally, by soaking the raisins they become a plump and juicy addition. I hope this becomes a favorite in your home like it is in ours.
Recommended for this recipe:
Try these other dessert recipes:
Bread Pudding with Amaretto Sauce
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 quart milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup Amaretto
- 4 bananas ripe
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For Amaretto Sauce:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- 1 stick butter
- Soak raisins for at least 1/2 an hour in 1/2 cup Amaretto (longer if time permits).
- Coat 13″ x 9″ baking dish with cooking spray or butter; set aside.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes.
- Mash bananas with the tines of a fork.
- Combine milk, eggs, sugar, bananas, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Soak the bread cubes in the milk and egg mixture. Mix to ensure liquid is evenly absorbed.
- Add raisins and Amaretto that have been soaking into the bread mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 30 – 45 minutes. The top will be golden brown and all liquid will be absorbed.
- For Amaretto sauce: Over low heat, melt butter and sugar together in small saucepan, stirring consistently.
- When butter is completely melted and sugar has dissolved, add Amaretto.
- Pour over Bread Pudding and serve warm.
Moses Brodin says
Thanks! My fiancé is an amazing cook but me, not so much! I made this today for dinner so he didn’t have to cook. It was great! Easy enough for this inexperienced cook and tasty enough for his experienced taste buds! I added A super reduced balasmic on top since we use it for Caprese salad and it baked onto The chicken really well. This recipe is a keeper! Any idea for a balsamic Like sauce to go with it?
Awsome! Just be sure to use unsalted butter. Wow! Learned that the hard way. Lol
Rubi Kaur says
I’m making this for dinner tonight I’ll let you know how it turns out. But I looks good anyways.
Hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we do!
I’ve never had Bread Pudding, but this looks delicious! It’s looks great by itself, but do you serve anything with it? Definitely giving a try!
It’s the perfect dessert served with the Amaretto sauce, but any sliced fruit would go well with the Bread Pudding too! Hope you enjoy it! – Patti
I am drooling! This looks so delicious!
Katie Golden says
This sounds AMAZING! I cannot wait to try this out! I LOVE bread pudding and this recipe sounds perfect. Thank you for this! And I love how you add bananas, those are super yummy 🙂 Thank you!
Joyanna Deschaine says
It looks so delicious! I used to love bread pudding when I was little. My family would love this recipe for sure – I will have to try it!
This looks delicious and a great idea for a family dinner dessert!
Linda Purcell says
This sounds absolutely amazing. I love bread pudding and I love Amaretto. I’m sure they are a win together. Definitely going to try this.
My mother made bread pudding when I was a kid. She would put pineapple in it. I think she would love this with the amaretto sauce, and I think I would as well! Your husband knows the good stuff 🙂
Danielle Tantone says
Hannah Flack says
Making this again tonight – it is delicious! Even the picky kids likes it! And I love how quick and easy it is – with things I have on hand! Thanks for a great, easy recipe!
My husband is not a big fan of bread pudding but he loved this one! Has quickly become a favorite.