One of my favorite pub snacks are sweet potato fries. This savory snack or side dish is the perfect accompaniment to a cool beer and a hearty sandwich.
Why not reduce the guilt and enjoy this healthier, baked version at home? They are easy to make and so satisfying!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet Potato Fries are one of my favorite pub snacks, baked instead of fried for a healthy twist. Enjoy!Print Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium sized sweet potatoes)
- 1 egg white
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Peel potatoes, then cut into 1/2 inch thick strips. Place the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Pour lightly beaten egg white over potato strips and toss to coat well on all sides.
- Sprinkle spice mixture over potatoes and toss again to coat evenly.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Lay potato strips on baking sheet in a single layer, without touching each other.
- Spray tops of potatoes with cooking spray and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Angie | Big Bear's Wife says
My hubby introduced me to sweet potato fries when we got married and I’ve been hooked ever since!
Dominique | Perchance to Cook says
These look awesome! What does the eggwhite do? Just curious. 🙂
Thanks Dominique! The egg white adds to the crunchy exterior of the fries. I do hope you enjoy them!
I cant wait to try the egg white trick… I hate soggy fries, and this sounds like it will fix them for me!
Shannon @ Pass Me Some Tasty says
Love, love, LOVE sweet potato fries! I need to make these ASAP!