2 lbs. Boneless Leg of Lamb, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 Bell Peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 Medium Onion, peeled and cut into six wedges
1/4 cup Dry Red Wine
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 T. Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Small Onion, grated
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1 t. Salt
1 t. Dried Oregano
1/4 t. Dried Thyme
1/4 t. Black Pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large zip top bag, add lamb pieces and marinate for at least 3 hours in refrigerator.
- Remove lamb from marinade, reserving liquid.
- Alternate lamb with vegetables on skewers to make kabobs, leaving a small space between each ingredient for even cooking.
- Brush vegetables with reserved marinade.
- Broil in oven four to five inches from heat or on outdoor grill.
- Turn to ensure even cooking until lamb is thoroughly cooked, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with Pita Bread and Tzatziki Sauce.