This baked French toast recipe is one of my favorite for a special breakfast or brunch. We frequently have it as “breakfast for dinner” also (like we did last night). This quick and easy recipe is also a healthy makeover, by baking instead of frying and adding fresh fruit. I also find it convenient that the whole meal cooks in the oven, so I’m free to spend more time with my family, instead of standing in front of the stove and cooking the french toast in batches.
I hope you enjoy this special breakfast recipe as much as we do.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Fresh blueberries
- Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour egg mixture into a shallow dish. (I use a pie plate.)
- Soak bread in the egg mixture, then place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper).
- Cut butter into small pieces and sprinkle over the top of the bread.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and blueberries (or your favorite fruit).
- Serve with maple syrup.