Caprese sandwiches make the perfect quick and light lunch or dinner entrée. The freshness of the tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese with the perfect touch of basil pesto make the perfect combination on a warm day or evening. Give them a try on a warm summer day with your favorite wine.
My husband and I enjoyed our first Caprese sandwiches at the Viansa Winery in Sonoma, CA. Viansa has beautiful grounds and Italian styled buildings. Each time I make these, we always think of the day we spent at Viansa at a small table outside overlooking the vineyard and enjoying amazing wine with our Caprese sandwiches.
- 1 loaf Ciabatta bread
- 7 ounces Fresh basil pesto sauce (or ¾ cup homemade basil pesto sauce)
- 1 pound Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3 Tomatoes, sliced
- Cut the Ciabatta bread in half, to create a top and bottom.
- Spread fresh basil pesto sauce on inside of both bread halves.
- Lay slices of fresh mozzarella cheese on evenly on bottom half of bread.
- Lay tomato slices evenly on top of mozzarella slices.
- Close top and bottom of Ciabatta bread and slice into individual portions.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin